Redington is an independent and award-winning Investment Consultancy. Our team designs, develops and delivers investment and risk management strategies to pension funds, insurance companies and wealth managers. We help clients to define and understand their investment journey, giving them the confidence to reach their goals.
Redington starts by understanding clients’ needs. We provide bespoke, outcome-oriented advice supported by market-leading analytics. Since 2006, Redington has been named Best Consulting Firm of the Year, Best Specialist Investment Consultancy of the Year, and Risk Management Firm of the Year several times by industry players.
In the last 10 years, Redington has grown to a diverse team of over 90, including over 50 investment professionals. The team has a combined total of over 300 years of investment consulting, actuarial, capital markets and asset management experience. The firm provides advice to 60+ clients, including ten of the top 30 pension funds in the UK, and consults on over £340bn in assets.
Redington is looking for Investment Consultants at Associate and Vice President level.
Do you want more responsibility? If yes...
You will be able to help deliver investment advice to clients, both large and small. We offer as much responsibility as you are ready for. You will also attend client meetings, including presenting to clients and deputising for the lead consultant where required.
Do you want to help manage and develop others, as well as yourself? If yes…
You will be responsible for overseeing junior members of the team in producing client presentations and reports. You will also help with the coordination of more junior team members and support them in learning the necessary skills.
Do you enjoy solving difficult challenges? If yes...
We are looking for someone with an analytical mind, who embraces cognitive diversity and wants to work with fun and talented people.
Do you believe in working towards a bigger purpose? If yes...
Redington’s goal is to make 100 million people financially secure. All of our staff are driven by this greater purpose. We want to leave a lasting impact. We’ve already helped over 1 million members secure their financial future. We want you to help us reach the next 99 million.
See below for further details about this role.
The Investment Consulting team (IC) is the face of Redington. The IC team delivers all of Redington’s Investment Consulting advice.
As a member of the IC team you will be responsible for:
- Working closely with Asset Liability Management & Investment Strategy, and Manager Research teams in order to develop investment strategies that meet our clients’ needs
- Addressing day-to-day client queries
- Aiding senior consultants in preparing pitch books and responding to Requests for Proposals
- Writing thought-pieces, articles and blogs for our publications and website
- Presenting teach-in sessions to clients
- Keeping up to date with financial markets across all asset classes and understanding how changes in these markets can affect pension funds
- Attendance at industry events, such as education sessions, conferences, etc.
The work will be primarily with Defined Benefit pension schemes but there will also be the opportunity to work on Defined Contribution pensions.
- An excellent academic record
- 3 - 7 years of experience in investment consulting or related jobs. Previous experience of working in finance and specifically with pension funds desirable
- An analytical mind
- Good team player
- Flexibility and proactivity: our employees have a high degree of autonomy in their roles
- Ability to think laterally and work well under pressure
- Highly developed verbal and written English
- High personal standards and attention to detail
Why work for Redington?
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to join a dynamic and rapidly expanding firm with an enjoyable, friendly and collegiate culture.
The company is able to offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package to include discretionary annual bonus consideration.
Redington operate a genuinely flat structure enabling exceptional performers to progress quickly.
Redington prides themselves on being at the cutting edge of the investment consulting industry. All of our employees have the opportunity to get involved in developing the latest solutions to our clients’ challenges.
You will also have the opportunity to get involved in extra-curricular areas, such as RedStart, the financial education initiative for young people that was launched by Redington employees in 2013, or one of Redington’s sports teams.
Please refer to our website for further details about the company: www.redington.co.uk
How to apply
Complete the online application form below, attach your CV and submit.